Loki is an open source, decentralized, and secure communications platform. After nearly 2 years of product development, we are on the cusp of launching a brand new private messaging app that has no phone numbers, no centralized points of failure, and masks the user’s IP address. The project team is based in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD, and are seeking the talents of an excellent UI/UX designer to breathe new life into the UI/UX.
As we finalize our style guide, we are looking for a part-time or full time designer to join the 6 person development team over the next 6 months to create a new look and feel for the app on all three platforms, including Android, iOS, and Desktop.
- Interpreting and improving the brand’s style guide to create a slick user interface consistent with user expectations for each platform.
- Reviewing and recommending changes to existing design frameworks
- Practicing consistent design formatting and work within brand design guidelines
- Facilitating internal and external feedback and vision by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products
- Designing and delivering wireframes, user stories, user personas, user journeys, and mock-ups
- Analyzing user feedback and iterating to enhance user experience
- Working closely with internal team and other departments in providing delivery estimates/timelines
- Manage issues and dependencies by aligning requirements and sprints.
- Conducting usability testing, concept testing, a/b testing, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Producing engaging experiences using sketches, storyboards, information architecture blueprints and prototypes to collect feedback and iteratively improve and support the design process
- Annotating design wireframes and final prototypes when necessary to communicate design intent
- Collaborating cross-functionally with product management, engineering and user research to ensure a smooth, data-driven product development process
- Creating user flows, wireframes, site maps, customer journey maps, and other tools to guide the product development process
- Collaborating with product managers and engineers to conceptualize, document, design and develop new product concepts
- Creating high-fidelity mock-ups and working with engineers and product managers to oversee UI design implementation, while also serving as an advocate for design in strategic product decisions
- Developing comprehensive annotated design specifications and functional documentation for our engineering team
- Working with engineering team to help develop UI pattern tool kits.
- Expert in wireframing and UI prototyping
- HTML, Adobe, some form of prototyping software (Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, Figma etc.).
- User personas, research driven and data-backed design processes
- Usage of UX Tools
- Worked on Agile Methodologies
This can be structured as a part time contract, or as full or part time employment. The project is set to run until at least the end of February 2020 and will demand a minimum of 2-3 days of work per week. If located in Melbourne, you’ll be required to conduct the majority of the work in the Melbourne CBD office in order to directly interface with the messenger development team who will be implementing your new designs, and the broader team who will be on hand to drive strategic direction of the product.
- A proven track record of user interface design, across a number of products
- Experience with prototyping and taking a product from the idea stage through to launch and beyond
- Ability to take the product’s mission, user research and analytics data and translate into clear, simple UIs
- Strong knowledge of current UX best practices, including user research and accessibility across mobile and desktop
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, or other design tools.
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and relevant responsive design work that you"re proud to share with us
- Interested parties should contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with a remuneration expectation, portfolio, and any other relevant materials, or apply through AngelList.