We are looking for an ambitious, self-starter to be at the forefront of Ciel’s design of residential, hospitality and mixed-use development projects.
* Have a core interest in building envelope design with emphasis on detailing, waterproofing and engineering.
* Develop concepts for facades for residential, hospitality and mixed use buildings conducive to developing modular construction techniques.
* Present technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences.
* Work independently and with BIM personnel to produce construction drawings based on a BIM model and produce corresponding specifications.
* Carry out structural, thermal and energy modeling of building enclosure details and systems.
* Utilize advanced analysis programs and techniques (CFD, finite element and microclimate) to understand building envelope physics and façade design;
* Undertake engineering façade calculations with various materials, including structural glass, aluminum, stainless steel, wood, stone, precast concrete and new materials.
* Perform technical reviews of shop drawings and construction administration submittals to ensure air, water, thermal, seismic, acoustic and structural performance.
* Carry out mock-up, factory and field observations and investigations.
* Perform project construction administration and closeout procedures including preparation of related documentation.
* Observe installations and operations to ensure compliance with design, specifications and safety standards.
* Understand trends and best practices in your field and apply these trends to push forward best practices and lead innovation.
* Stand out among your peers by going beyond expectations, accomplishing more in less time, leading by example and elevating your discipline in the process.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or a related Science discipline
* 4+ years of experience in the design of building envelope systems
* Experience in multi-family residential and mixed use construction
* Experience in mid-rise and high-rise construction a plus
* Expertise in building envelopes, flashing systems, and custom fabrication glass-steel assemblies
* Knowledge of local, state and US national building code standards and architectural practices
* Proficiency using of REVIT and AutoCAD to effectively produce construction documents.
* Experience with 3D computer modeling and analysis packages for energy modeling
* Familiarity with Canadian national building code standards and engineering practices a plus
* Experience using Rhino, Grasshopper, and SketchUp a plus
WE LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE:
** Relentlessly resourceful: You solve problems with speed and ferocity. When you realize the goal cannot be reached, you change the steps, not the goal.
** Personally responsible: As a creator, you believe that the end result of your product is a representation of your aptitude and mastery.
** Entrepreneurial: You’re accustomed to questioning the norm and challenging the status quo. You thrive in ambiguity, viewing it as an opportunity for growth, creativity, and autonomy.
** Team focused: Most of the problems we encounter require insight from many parts of the business. Your ability to collaborate, coordinate, and communicate is key.
** Delivery focused: You know that a project is only done once it"s delivered and validated, and you do it all without sacrificing quality.
** Enduring: Hard problems are not solved overnight. It takes a special kind of attitude and hunger to build something great.
** Curious: You have a passion for learning and knowledge, and often work on personal/side projects.
WHY WORK AT CIEL:
* Work with a team of highly motivated and wildly talented people in the fast growing industry of construction technology.
* Be at the forefront of developing the most innovative technologies which will revolutionize how we think and build big buildings.
* Be mentored by some of the best startup leaders in the world who support continuous learning and growth while solving a big problem in one of the world"s largest markets.
* Work in a small, fast-growing startup with the autonomy to make decisions and move fast.
* Relocation (if desired, but not required).
* Competitive compensation.