Only applications submitted via pentoaps.recruitee.com/o/product-designer will be considered
At Pento we"re building a better, faster, and more modern way for companies to run and automate payroll. We"ve raised a $2.8m seed investment from some of Europe"s best investors (medium.com/@jonasboegh/weve-raised-2-8m-from-point-nine-seedcamp-and-more-her…), and we"re now looking for new teammates to join our growing team — that"s where you come in!
We"re looking for an experienced product designer to help us build great user experiences and make the complex simple.
The short version
**What:** Work with the product team to understand our customers" problems and build world-class solutions.
**How:** Help drive the process from ideation and planning to development and launch. Be our team"s go-to person on user experience and product design.
**Who**: Experienced, thoughtful, and humble team-player
**Where:** Remote (regular 4 hour overlap with CET workday) ????
What is Pento ????
We build beautiful payroll software that automates a company"s manual workflows and we usually help companies cut 50-80% off the time they spend on payroll. That means no spreadsheets, no manual bank transfers, no e-mails, and no manual work. We"ve built an easy-to-use software product, that does all of this automatically.
You can see a quick video by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here: loom.com/share/6e3d15b47a8241f99c67c897a19b2167
The job description ????
We’re looking for a creative product designer who values simplicity and the "job to be done" over winning design awards. We"re building simple and efficient products to help companies, payroll admins, and employees better manage, understand, and run payroll. If that sounds like something you"d be good at, we"d love to talk!
Here’s a snapshot of what you could be working on:
- Work on product problems from initial definition through to shipping
- Craft rational, elegant, and delightful solutions to complex problems
- Build wireframes and early-stage prototypes to test your assumptions
- Collaborating with our product manager, engineers, and CTO on implementing new, exciting features in our product
- Contribute to building a collaborative, productive and friendly remote workplace
What we"re looking for:
**Your background and skills**
- 3+ years of experience designing digital products and systems
- Experience using prototyping as a way to communicate design solutions
- Great written and verbal English communication skills
- Solid experience with contemporary digital design tools, such as Figma, Sketch, or similar
- You always default to searching for the **right** solution to a problem — not the prettiest
**Bonus experience and skills**
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc.)
- You have experience working in highly effective remote teams
- You have a problem-solver attitude. No problem is too big or too hard.
- You like working independently, but you also know when to involve your teammates and ask for help.
- You are hungry to learn. You know you don"t know it all, and do what you can to help yourself and your teammates be better every day.
- You work well with lots of questions and few answers. We"re a startup trying to do something no one else has done before, which means we"re dealing with a lot of questions and what-ifs.
- You enjoy giving and receiving feedback on a daily basis.
What it"s like working at Pento ?????????
We are a small, fast-growing, remote-first team with 4 different nationalities, working out of 5 different cities throughout Europe. Meet the team and read about how we work at Pento here: notion.so/e910ee40475748fe84b71f3af40c2499