Graphic Designer (Remote Friendly)
Your role in a nutshell: As the Graphic Designer at Fit Small Business you will design creative graphics to support data-heavy business trends articles. You will make the information more compelling and elevate the quality of our content. This role offers you the chance to make an impact in a dynamic, professional, startup environment. You could work from our NYC office, or be a remote team member in the U.S. The role reports directly to our Business Trends Editor. Your work will likely evolve quickly to match the pace of our scaling, and that’s part of what would attract you to FSB.
This position includes:
* The Graphic Designer will ideate and create custom visuals, relevant to topical business articles and definitive reference guides
* Develop infographics and illustrations from start to finish, from idea to the finished asset on the website
* Enhance our digital content with high quality visuals, making our articles more compelling
* Work with our writers and editors to deliver customized graphics for new content types
* Translate complex, data-oriented topics into engaging illustrations that clearly convey concepts to our readers
Our mission: To deliver the best answers to people"s questions.
Named to the Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, Fit Small Business has more than three million small business owners and managers reading our content each month. We deliver well-researched, authoritative articles so these owners can make informed decisions to grow businesses that fuel the economy. Our founders have built successful businesses before, and FSB is profitable with no outside funding. Part of the team of 180+ people is in our NYC headquarters, near Grand Central. Others are distributed across the U.S., Canada, and the Philippines.
Does this sound like you?
* You have worked on different types of graphic projects, and enjoy driving new ideas and initiatives forward.
* You enjoy working with a growing team in an entrepreneurial, start-up atmosphere.
* You value working with forward-thinking, curious, and supportive teammates.
* You embrace change as an opportunity to learn.
* You enjoy working with digital media and take pride in collaboratively producing high quality content.
Your responsibilities as the Graphic Designer:
* Create illustrations to enhance our definitive guides on business topics
* Work with content team to convert relevant ideas into compelling visuals
* Develop graphical elements for templates we can roll out across multiple articles
* Manage multiple deadlines in the course of a week
* Experiment with different graphic and illustration styles as we identify what works best to serve our goals
* 1-3 years experience working on digital design or illustration
* Proficiency with industry-standard design tools, such as Photoshop and Illustrator
* Portfolio highlighting your contributions to multiple digital projects
What we offer you:
* Competitive salary
* Quality health insurance (subsidized by FSB)
* Short-term and long-term disability (Paid by FSB)
* Traditional & Roth 401K plans with matching from first day
* Vision, dental, and life insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
* Perks and discounts via our PEO
* A collaborative workplace, which will challenge you and celebrate your work
* A chance to learn with and from interesting and enthusiastic colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.