About the Role:
Punch List is hiring a Head of Design. This is a critical role for our company and will define the Punch List brand, product and marketing language across all channels. As a senior leader on our team, you’ll set the visual strategy and will define how design decisions are made. This role requires an obsession for designing with purpose to reinvent the antiquated, fragmented home remodeling industry.
You think like a founder, and embrace responsibility for your customer’s success. You’ve nurtured early ideas in the past and turned them into tangible applications. You get excited about complicated challenges that intersect with two-sided networks and love talking to customers. You are motivated by ownership, want to work with a small team that shares similar values. Of All else, you are committed to developing thoughtful, meaningful experiences that better the lives of all who use the platform.
Leadership + Experience:
- A persuasive leader. Extensive experience with 8+ years guiding and managing teams. Should be able to work with executive leadership, making design a key partner and decision maker.
- Startup experience. Previous history of shipping successful products customers love. You thrive in early stage environments, are team first and comfortable with being hands on in all facets of growth.
- Set the team strategy. Must be a clear goal setter with ability to prioritize the development of experiences that drive desired engagement amongst customers and contractors.
- Research as a guide. Translate qual / quant inputs into a clear direction that guides the team towards right experiences. This, with a good dose of experience and "gut" intuition.
- Systems thinker. Help continue our work in creating a design, pattern based systems that integrates our brand, speeds our development, and creates a delightful product experience.
- Strong collaborator. Effective cross-functionally with pm, eng, brand, research, and comms; all rooted in ensuring a thoughtful, strategic product development process / cycles. You love to interact with Product Managers and Engineers to take customer feedback and improve the product.
Management + Culture:
- Team builder. A love of recruiting, developing exceptional people and a desire to create a strong
culture of design.
- Design advocate. Collaborating with product and eng leaders to define our design direction (POV) and deliver an outstanding, engaging experiences for our members.
- Accountability. Discipline around our KPIs to foster an environment of relentless focus. Help create standards of excellence within the org; both in our work and behaviors.
- Educator. Passion for developing Punch List as a design-led company and infuse design into everything we do. Including, evangelizing design and educating our team on what it means to be design-led.
- Effective communicator. Empathetic, but direct leader. Provides guidance formed by experience and strategic design thinking. They should possess vision "and this is how we"re going to do it" mindset.
- Diversity + Inclusion. Head of Design should have a strong history in D+I and elevated awareness of its strategic importance to how we evolve Punch List.
About Punch List:
Punch List is a platform that helps Contractors and Homeowners complete remodels on-time, and on-budget. Contractors will find value in Punch List’s easy-to-use UI, streamlined digital payments offering (complete with free digital payments + low cost “instant access” to cash), and access to low APR loans to purchase materials and pay labor costs.
Homeowners will appreciate the assurances provided by verified legal documents, ease of communication with Contractors via the central platform, and increased transparency around project milestones and budget tracking. As it grows, Punch List will become the de facto platform Contractors and Homeowners will use when remodeling, renovating, or building homes.
Punch List is led by CEO Kyle Zink (Google, Square) and his Co-Founder & CTO Andy Vella (Big Fish Games, Telltale Games). Bling Capital led a $2M seed round in early-2019, which included leaders from Opendoor, WeWork, Square, Forward, and institutional VCs + Scouts from Mayfield, Sequoia, and Renegade Ventures.
- Salary: Competitive cash compensation ($100K - $150K depending on experience)
- Stock: Meaningful ownership in an early stage company (1.0% - 4% depending on experience).
- Best-in-Class Healthcare: 100% company funded medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Unlimited PTO: Take days off when you need it or want it most.
- Family Focus: Flexible working from home policies, supportive work life balance.
- Latest Technology: Whatever you need to do your best work.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career, such as attending a relevant conference anywhere in the United States each year.
- Great team: Working with knowledgeable, hardworking, nice people who want to improve the remodel experience for both Homeowners and Contractors.
- Premier Office Space: Located in the Financial District of San Francisco, surrounded by great restaurants, gyms, coffee shops, and bars.